Canada expands accredited employers pilot program

Canada expands accredited employers pilot program

The REP lets eligible Canadian employers cut some red tape from the TFW. It allows compliant business owners to get a Business Activity Assessment (LMIA). They can have it for up to 36 months. The LMIA application is simple. It lets them seek to hire more workers from the same job during that three-year period.

To be eligible, employers must have gotten at least three Labor Market Analysis results (LMIA) for the same job. They must have got them in the last five years.

The first test was on August 8, 2023. It was presented by Canadian Minister of Labor Randy Boissonnault.

The Approved Employer Program will cut red tape for qualified employers. They have the highest protections for their workers. It will make it easier for them to find the workers they need to do important work for Canada. Trade and food security,” Minister Boisson said in a press release in August. REP

began to be implemented in two phases:

  • Phase 1 will start in September 2023. It will let ag employers enter in 2024.
  • Phase 2 will start in January 2024 and will be open to all other businesses. 
  • Applications will be opened for both categories as of September 2024.

Employer qualifies for REP:

Employers who qualify for the REP will receive a letter from the Bank. The letter will indicate their acceptance to potential employees.

The Government of Canada’s Job Bank website lets you search for jobs. The jobs are from Canadian employers. The employers want to hire temporary foreign workers. These Canadian employers have already received or applied for an LMIA. The site currently advertises more than 10,000 jobs for foreigners looking to work in Canada.

Change jobs in Canada as a TFW?

Although you have the right to change employers, this may be difficult if you have a closed work permit. In this case, you must apply for an open work permit or a new work permit from another employer.

Remember: It is illegal for your employer to penalize or fire you because you are looking for another job.

You may want to work with a trusted immigration professional. They can help you with your work permit transfer. See our list of recommended advisors.

Canadian knowledge work support immigration

  • Canadian work experience can qualify you for many permanent jobs. These include those under the Program Nominee Program (PNP).
  • Also, working in a skilled job in Canada can increase your chances of immigration. This is true especially through the Canadian Experience Class.
  • If you’re interested in immigrating to Canada but aren’t sure which program you qualify for, Agacs Pvt Ltd. Check your eligibility for over 20 different Canadian immigration programs.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *